Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

130pds light leakage?

When I try to take darks on the scope they never seem to work, when stacked with the subs in DSS I end up with a thin line in the histogram. They are fine if I take the camera off the scope and cover it.

This got me thinking about light getting in from somewhere, and is it affecting the subs?

The 130pds is my first experience with a newt and any advice would be welcome.

When I try to take darks on the scope they never seem to work, when stacked with the subs in DSS I end up with a thin line in the histogram. They are fine if I take the camera off the scope and cover it.

This got me thinking about light getting in from somewhere, and is it affecting the subs?

The 130pds is my first experience with a newt and any advice would be welcome.

While imaging cover the area around the primary and around the focuser with a black material. Both my 150pds and Quattro 8s leak light like a sieve. Always take the Darks and Bias off the scope with the camera front sealed with the appropriate fixture, these are after all cheap, hobby Chinese made scopes.

A.G

Archived