SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

South Cornwall - Falmouth Area

thewigster

I belong to Cornwall Astronomy Society which meets twice a month. Both meetings used to be at Mabe WI Hall but we've moved one of the meeting to Digibna where we do most of our observing from (it's just outside Helston). I think both places are closer for you than Kernow. Our website is http://www.cornwallas.org.uk and you'll find contact details there.

We're a very friendly bunch and love to welcome new members and visitors alike.

I moved to Falmouth when I was 2 and that was 46 years ago; I would say I grew up in Falmouth but I'm still way off being grown up!

Hi guys, its good to hear from other locals on SGL. I'm pretty new to all of this too and live in the Falmouth area. I keep telling myself I will get in touch with the Cornwall Astronomy Society and go to one of their meetings but I haven't done so yet. I'm following their facebook page and love the regular links to interesting Astro news.

Thanks for the info guys - will have a look at both of those links mentioned - hopefully will come along to one of the meets. Just been out looking at Jupiter (first viewing of it with my own eyes) - looked fantastic and could see the bands and 4 moons. Its a good starting point for me :)

• 8 months later...

I've only very recently made contacted with Greg from CAS (Cornwall Astronomy Society) via email and been overwhelmed with the extremely helpful advice, support & friendliness, really have gone the extra mile to help  :smiley:

all the very best Bill

Archived