New from Sweden

odeon

Hi everyone,

Having decided to rekindle my interest in astronomy and buy a scope--a Skywatcher Explorer 150p is on its way, a decision made in part after lurking here--the next logical step was to join this place. :)

I work in IT (markup technologies, more precisely) but was once going to be an astronomer and so studied physics and astronomy at the uni. I was eventually persuaded to take another direction entirely with my life once I realised there were about 20 or so permanent astronomer positions in Sweden where I live, but I never really let go of my fascination for the universe. Now, decades later, I finally have the time (and money) to do something about it again.

Looking forward to reading more here, and maybe writing an occasional post. :)

All the best,

Ari

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi, Ari, and a warm welcome to SGL! That's a very nice scope you have there (I now use my 150P for astrophotography). I wouldn't worry too much about collimating it - there are some excellent guides on here, and once done the scope holds collimation very well.

Archived