SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Jupiter and 4 of its Jovian moons 26/2/15 (mono)

dazzauk83

Hi all

First real attempt of jupiter for me. Seeing was pretty good for a change. Taken from my back garden in Rubery,Birmingham.

Jupiter4moons.jpg

I used a Skywatcher 200p with a 2.5 barlow.

QHY5L-II mono 

Firecapture with Jupiter profile selected.

1500 frames captured  at resolution 640 x 480.

Gain=13

Exposure 24.00

Processed in registax and coral paint pro 7.

Nicely caught, great to get all four moons and so much detail on Jupiter.  Colour filters next, perhaps? 

Due to atmospheric dispersion the different colours focus to a slightly different position on the camera, causing colour blur.  With a colour cam Registax can correct for this, but you need to use colour filters for a mono.

Robin

Nicely caught, great to get all four moons and so much detail on Jupiter.  Colour filters next, perhaps? 

Due to atmospheric dispersion the different colours focus to a slightly different position on the camera, causing colour blur.  With a colour cam Registax can correct for this, but you need to use colour filters for a mono.

Robin

Would a I/R cut filter, correct for  this, on a mono cam.

Really nice capture. Well done.

grotemobile: I believe an IR pass filter or a red CCD filter is what people are using with mono cameras to help with poor seeing. The longer wavelengths of light are less affected by our atmosphere.

Archived