Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

ISS Tonight? 29/03/08

Saw the ISS tonight, passed right overhead, at Exactly the time Predicted!

BUT, There was a smaller object ahead of it, or a larger,

Brighter object following it!!!!!!!!

Couldn't tell if the larger one was the ISS, and the other being the Shuttle perhaps?

Any thoughts as to what may have been on the same orbit and so close to the ISS?

According to the web-site, when the Station was directly overhead, it was only 345kms up!

And the other object was quite close. (About 2 or 3 inches at arms length!) :laughing2: :sad5:

Nick.....

It is certainly the ATV - I am pretty jealous that you saw it - I forgot :rolleyes:

Just checked though - comming over tonight at about 8:47, with the ATV passing three minutes afterwards. Quite low down, but I am certainly going to look out for them both!! :)

When I got to see the ISS, The ATV was IN FRONT of the station,

now it seems that you guys saw it BEHIND IT..........

Is the ATV due to be returning to earth, or is it off on a cruise somewhere? :rolleyes:

Nick.......... :)

According to Heavens Above, the ATV is about 2 minutes in front and will be observable from here at 22:07 to 22:10 and the ISS 22:09 to 22:13. CET. Should be virtually over head for those in Southern England.

naz

According to Heavens Above, the ATV is about 2 minutes in front and will be observable from here at 22:07 to 22:10 and the ISS 22:09 to 22:13. CET. Should be virtually over head for those in Southern England.

naz

Looks as though it will be very good for you and I Naz, on the 8th April!

Passing right over our heads!

Nick............ :rolleyes:

When I got to see the ISS, The ATV was IN FRONT of the station,

now it seems that you guys saw it BEHIND IT..........

Is the ATV due to be returning to earth, or is it off on a cruise somewhere? :rolleyes:

Nick.......... :)

Sorry - got it backwards - just read what I wrote again (must have thought the ATV would be brightest for some reason). Anyway just saw them both again tonight and so did Mrs LB - very cool! :lol:

Sam

I managed a couple of hours observing tonight. While looking in Ursa Major I came across a satelite which I followed for approx 20 seconds. I only stopped following it because I stumbled across a galaxy.

As I straightened up I saw a large bright light to the south moving west to east. The ISS! I quickly pointed the Dob at it. It was moving much faster than the satelite I had just followed but I managed to get it in the fov. I stuggled with the focus while trying to keep it centered. I could clearly see the solar panels and as I got it into focus I could see its...head? :rolleyes:

It was in fact a seagull. :? A very sneaky seagull to be sure and a master of disguise to boot but a seagull none the less. Doh!

I have resolved to tell no-one of this.

Archived