Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

QHY5-ii flashing LED

jambouk

An astro-mate is using a QHY5L as a guide camera with metaguide (he can't get PHD or PHD2 to run with the camera well).

Anyway, what does the red LED on the back of the camera signify? Sometimes it is solid and on, other times it is flashing at different rates, slow or fast. He is finding when the LED is flashing, the system crashes.

Should the the high speed box be selected or not?

Thanks for any ideas.

James

post-25543-0-14667400-1425131723_thumb.j

I found when I was getting my QHY6 to work with Linux that normally the LED would flash regularly.  It would then flash a lot more when it was receiving/transmitting data and then solid on when it locked up.  I found lockups occured when a command was issued before the previous command had finished.  e.g Sending a command before all the image data had been read.  Th eonly way to resolve the lockup seemed to be repowering the device.

Hi

Is this the qhy5 or the qhy5l-ii - they are two different cameras with different drivers. Certainly the qhy5l-ii (ascom) runs fine with PHD1 and both the native and ascom driver run ok in PHD2. The qhy5l-ii, at least, requires a high bandwidth - usb 2 High Speed port and a good quality cable. In normal use the led flashes in time with the exposure setting i.e. a 2 sec exposure means the led flashes every 2 secs. This continues until you either disconnect the usb or power down. The qhy5l-ii doesn't have any on-board firmware. Instead, I think the 'firmware' is loaded on connection.

Hope that helps

Louise

Archived