SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Eyepiece conundrum

jollyjack

Took delivery of my new C6 S yesterday, less than 24 hours after order from FLO, not bad!!!

Outside last night to get some cosmic rays into it, albeit briefly.

I ordered the Celestron ultima Barlow and used it in conjunction with the supplied 25 mm ep. Good quality compared to what I've seen previously.

Now, the Barlow should form tha basis of a collection of eps to give a versatile combination of magnifications, main activity is just looking at whats out there, (DSOs, variables/doubles, lunar and planetary), the C6 looks like a great scope for my apprenticeship.

Any suggestions on a logical choice of eps to give low, medium and high power mags with the Barlow, and various fields of view? Hyperions, orthoscopics, plossls, UWAN/SWAN, all very confusing. :rolleyes: Have looked at a couple of online tutorials about mag/fl/fov etc, but would like some feedback from users who have an ep "philosophy".

Cheers

Paul

Archived