SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

"first light" with fully working Mono & TEC cooled 550D

Luis Campos

Hi all,

Been like a week gathering only 9 subs for this image, dodging clouds, wind and some rain, setting up, getting one or two subs...then clouds rolled in...back next night, same story and so on, going nutty with this weather! bangbang.gifcoldday.gif

I choose an "easy" target because of the clouds but in the end wasn't so easy after all!

Well, I made this image to finally test the mono cooled 550D to find out that everything is working fine and I'm quite thrilled to see that the camera is very sensitive and well behaved even with long subs, for this image I didn'st use dark frames, with the sensor working at 1Cº just dithering is enough, the image is callibrated with 40 bias and 25 flats, minimal processing done, just curves and levels and a high pass mask to give an extra punch on the dark globules.

Hope you like it this Rosette:

get.jpg

Cheers,

Luís

Archived