Hello from England, Derbyshire

Lambda

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Lamda welcome to SGL I'm new to the site too :) I have just purchased the celestron nexstar 8se it is big and a bit bulky but great for planet viewing. I guess it all depends on budget and what you actually want to view mostly along with transporting the scope or storage. Happy gazing

Welcome Lambda. I lived in Bakewell for a while and there are some good skies close by. Its years ago (Hale-Bopp days!) so I don't know if they still exist but there was an astronomy club (White Peak?) who met at the National Stone Centre not far from Wirksworth. If you're anywhere near Sheffield there's also a group I believe who meet on the west side of the city.

Martin

Hi and welcome to SGL Lambda! I started out with a 4.5 in f8 reflector and I still think it is a great all round scope allowing you to see detail on planets  and with a wide enough field and light gathering power for many star clusters. The 6" SE might have too narrow a view for an only scope. Good luck!

Archived