Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Any suggestions for buying a Skywatcher Mount from the USA?

I've been looking at the Skywatcher AZ EQ5-GT, and I think it looks great to me. Close to the same capacity as the Orion Atlas Pro/SW AZ EQ6-GT, but substantially lighter.

I cannot find any indications of a time frame of Orion releasing their version of this mount, and so I think I'd like to pick up the Skywatcher version. Does anyone have any suggestions on procuring one from the USA?

Thanks!

maybe importing from canada or failing that from europe. i think that the deal that synta have with orion prohibits them from selling  certain skywatcher  products in the usa under their own name apm sell to the usa but i dont know if that includes mounts

Well after searching around the internet for information about the AZ EQ5-GT, I stumbled upon a thread from another forum. According to the SkyWatcher rep, the Skywatcher AZ EQ5-GT will be available for purchase directly from SkyWatcher USA in April and they will be premiering it at NEAF!

So great news for those of us in the US looking at getting this mount.  :grin:

The only trouble with ordering from the States is the low exchange rate at the moment and the horrendous charges made by Customs for handling and custom charges, which in recent times beggars belief :mad:

The OP, (AGreyCrane), is from the States judging by the 'Location:' ! :icon_razz::icon_salut:  

I think you will see that sywatcher usa don't sell any of their eq mounts or dobs except the flexitubes, which orion do not sell under their badge and their ed series are a different spec to the orion equivalents (notably focussers)

Archived