SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Today I attacked my scope!

Naz

After the arrival at the weekend of the adaptor, (many thanks to Arthur :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:)

I decided that a straight through refractor was not a good idea. So I got the saw out and chopped a lump of the end, exact measurements :? :? what are they. Well tonight, and I don't want to shout to loud but there is abig hole in the clouds. So I am of out to see if I got it right, report back later.

:sunny: :lol: :lol: :lol:

nabban

:cheers: :bounce: :cheers: I got it right, well almost, requires about another centimeter off to focus all my ep's. Also waiting on tube rings, hopefully here this week.

nabban

I had nothing to lose, it's an old refractor, picked up in local paper a while ago, and the tube would be replaceable at fairly low cost. I was just trying to obtain a cheap planetry scope. I will report back when I have sorted the mount. The brief view I got of saturn was pretty good at 100X . the objective is 32" and 39" fl. I will see if its better than the Skywatcher brigade.

Nabban

Archived