Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

NGC2403 L-HaGB work in progress

MikeD

Hi all.

I haven't been around for a while (in the obs or on SGL), no real reason just astro imaging has taken a back seat.

I have been collecting data for this image since the 16th of Jan, bit here bit there, so today I decided to put together what I have so far along with some old green and blue data from 2013 (lp filtered red red data is still missing).

shot with my SXVFH9 and 10" f4.8 newt on an eq6.

L= 43 @ 600 seconds

Ha= 15 @ 1200 seconds

G = 16 @ 240 seconds

B= 15 @ 240

Very rusty in my processing routine and using Ha as red was a challenge

Thanks for looking.

Mike.

gallery_730_1107_91016.jpg

Thats looking nice Mike, i am aiming to try this one soon with a wider field of view.

Your focus may be a little bit off, if you have Pixinsight you may benefit from a dose of deconvolution to enhance some details i can see in there.

Callum

Hi Callum,

Thanks for the feedback, I am pretty sure the focus was on ( small stars look pretty tight ) although the seeing conditions were not the best for a lot of the data acquisition. I dont have pi but have always shyed away from deconverlution as I find it very easily gives an artificial feel to a image.

Next processing of this data I will keep your suggestions in mind and try to tighten up the detail.

Thanks again

Mike.

Archived