Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_30_second_exp_2_winners.thumb.jpg.b5430b40547c40d344fd4493776ab99f.jpg

ollypenrice

The 400 hour image...

Clouds? Rings a bell. Aren't they a British thing?

:grin: lly

4 months with 2 usable nights in Thailand.

Well, the latest underwhelming news of my own 1.8 x 1 metre copy of the print is that it's gone off the parcel tracking radar just before midnight on the 14th at Heath Row and not been heard of since.

Disgruntled of South East France.

If it was flying via Charles de Gaulle then your out of luck, they have a machine there that all baggage must pass through, it is similar to the machines that they use to crush cars. At least that's my experience of flying through that place!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

If it was flying via Charles de Gaulle then your out of luck, they have a machine there that all baggage must pass through, it is similar to the machines that they use to crush cars. At least that's my experience of flying through that place!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Good to lnow.  :BangHead:

:grin: lly

What you need is to chop it up into 1000 pieces and sell it as collectors cards. Bung a bit of bubble gum in and you'd sell millions. Swaps anybody?:-)

• Like 1

That is without a shadow of a doubt one of the best images I've ever seen.

Well done to Tom and Olly on that one!

What an amazing image. The amount of work involved to produce an image like this is quite something. Hats off to you both.

Pete

Well we received a runner up prize for this last night in Greenwich. Looked better in the gallery than on the interior done. Looks best in the book I think. Closer to what I print it out at.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5

Congratulations to you both on the prize.  There are some outstanding images entered this year by the looks of the winners and runners-up.

James

Yeah well done.. I was just looking through them.. Fantastic stuff when you think how far the bar has been pushed in a relatively short time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Words fail me... totally...  Huge commitment, an incredible accomplishment and an almost unbelievable result - Congratulations to you both!

2nd on that  :smiley:

Fantastic! Not only an amazing image as such but also the amount of dedication and ambition in it. Congratulations!

Absolutely incredible -brilliant - call it what you will - bravo to the pair of you, magic

Congratulations,  It is truly something, the processing and the colours are to die for, you have both earned this image, amazing!!!!

Fay

I don't know, I'm afraid. I wasn't able to get there because we're very busy and Monique's back isn't making life easy for her at the moment.

This image can, though, hold up in print form at a size neither Tom nor I have so far seen - almost 8 metres high. This is really the whole point of the image so, in a competion like the one in question, it doesn't do its thing. We now need to see if anyone would like a big one!

Olly

I don't know, I'm afraid. I wasn't able to get there because we're very busy and Monique's back isn't making life easy for her at the moment.

This image can, though, hold up in print form at a size neither Tom nor I have so far seen - almost 8 metres high. This is really the whole point of the image so, in a competion like the one in question, it doesn't do its thing. We now need to see if anyone would like a big one!

Olly

Olly, I'm saying nothing!!......