SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

The 400 hour image...

ollypenrice

Hey guys,

This image is 10 likes behind the 45 hour andromeda. 

http://stargazerslounge.com/best-content/

Surely 400hrs deserves the top spot !

Come on like it if you like it!  :cool:

Thanks for the thought but it's not a competition, especially since Jonas and I are friends and I host some of his kit here. The Andromeda mosaic was, quite rightly, the subject of huge appreciation - and it was a one man show. Ours is a double act!

Olly

• Like 2

Thanks for the thought but it's not a competition, especially since Jonas and I are friends and I host some of his kit here. The Andromeda mosaic was, quite rightly, the subject of huge appreciation - and it was a one man show. Ours is a double act!

Olly

Appreciate the sentiment, it was done in jest, to draw attention to the level of effort involved in both pieces.

Both are fantastic contributions to amateur astronomy.

• Like 2

Following on from my original post (#49) I have now had an opportunity to view the image using more than a GPRS signal on my iPhone ( :eek:) and my original suspicions have been confirmed - absolutely outstanding Tom and Olly, without doubt the most exciting image I have ever seen taken from a terrestrial location using 'amateur' equipment. I grazed my chin on the jaw-drop .....

• Like 2

Do you know the horizontal and vertical subtended angles of you epic image Olly?  If I get my widefield rig working in time I would like to cover a similar field of view including Barnard's Loop (think it's called).  Very low res compared with yours, of course :D

Do you know the horizontal and vertical subtended angles of you epic image Olly?  If I get my widefield rig working in time I would like to cover a similar field of view including Barnard's Loop (think it's called).  Very low res compared with yours, of course :D

I haven't looked at this at all carefully, GIna, but it looks like about 12 degrees by 22, which is a very rough guesstimate. The large loop on the left is indeed called Barnard's Loop or SH2-276. The Loop may have been created by successive supernovae centred around M42. Thought provoking stuff...

Olly

• Like 1