Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_dslr_mirrorlesss_winners.thumb.jpg.9deb4a8db27e7485a7bb99d98667c94e.jpg

ollypenrice

The 400 hour image...

Hey guys,

This image is 10 likes behind the 45 hour andromeda. 

http://stargazerslounge.com/best-content/

Surely 400hrs deserves the top spot !

Come on like it if you like it!  :cool:

Thanks for the thought but it's not a competition, especially since Jonas and I are friends and I host some of his kit here. The Andromeda mosaic was, quite rightly, the subject of huge appreciation - and it was a one man show. Ours is a double act!

Olly

• Like 2

Stunning, absolutely stunning... As it has already been said, words fail me!
Trying to find a part of the image without nebulosity, nope nope nope...

Please make this a print, you already have my money for the 8m one! :D

Thanks for the thought but it's not a competition, especially since Jonas and I are friends and I host some of his kit here. The Andromeda mosaic was, quite rightly, the subject of huge appreciation - and it was a one man show. Ours is a double act!

Olly

Appreciate the sentiment, it was done in jest, to draw attention to the level of effort involved in both pieces.

Both are fantastic contributions to amateur astronomy.

• Like 2

A very bold project, but you nailed it! Deserves at least a feature piece in Sky At Night etc. :) Great work guys!

Olly,

Let us know when it hangs in a museum. This would be worth a trip. May be one day the same in Scorpius or Serpens?

Mark

What can i say thats already been said !  just amazing , and the work put into this is not easy, so my hat of to you guys for producing this work of art

Paul J

What can i say thats already been said !  just amazing , and the work put into this is not easy, so my hat of to you guys for producing this work of art

Paul J

Keep your hat on in this weather, mate! Thanks Paul.

Olly

• Like 1

Been trying to think of something to say....

that would convey.

But...

Jaw... meets floor!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Following on from my original post (#49) I have now had an opportunity to view the image using more than a GPRS signal on my iPhone ( :eek:) and my original suspicions have been confirmed - absolutely outstanding Tom and Olly, without doubt the most exciting image I have ever seen taken from a terrestrial location using 'amateur' equipment. I grazed my chin on the jaw-drop .....

• Like 2

Do you know the horizontal and vertical subtended angles of you epic image Olly?  If I get my widefield rig working in time I would like to cover a similar field of view including Barnard's Loop (think it's called).  Very low res compared with yours, of course :D

Do you know the horizontal and vertical subtended angles of you epic image Olly?  If I get my widefield rig working in time I would like to cover a similar field of view including Barnard's Loop (think it's called).  Very low res compared with yours, of course :D

I haven't looked at this at all carefully, GIna, but it looks like about 12 degrees by 22, which is a very rough guesstimate. The large loop on the left is indeed called Barnard's Loop or SH2-276. The Loop may have been created by successive supernovae centred around M42. Thought provoking stuff...

Olly

• Like 1

Superb Image and congratulations to you both! Thank you for sharing. Evening the [small?!] large jpeg is great to scan around.

Best wishes,

Steve

Something for you both to be very proud of I think - excellent! - best wishes Tony

The bar for astrophotography hasn't so much been raised, as catapulted to an altogether more elevated place - approximately 1,600 light years away. 

Inspirational work.