Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

The 400 hour image...

ollypenrice

I fortunately happen to be staying at Olly's place in Provence this week, and he showed me the file on his computer shortly before posting. The full image is gobsmacking enough when seen as a whole, but he just kept zooming in and in and the detail just kept getting better and better, I felt like I was falling into it.  Never seen or heard of anything like it, an incredible achievement. 

StevieO

This image makes you want to zoom in and have a wander around.

One of the consequences of imaging single objects is that we tend to relate to the sky as single objects.

Olly's and Tom's masterpiece shows us many of our single objects as a whole and help put the sky into perspective.

I would love this image as a 4x3 meter print on a wall.

A bow and a salute of appreciation from me and also respect for the many hours of work that it must have taken to undergo such a task.

Not much to add to the stunned comments. Incredible image, which I am sure just goes deeper and deeper. You show just what can be done with Earth based high end amateur telescopes and no small input of skill, and for that as well I thank you both. Inspiring stuff indeed. Bravo.

Edited by MattJenko