Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_christmas_presents_winners.thumb.jpg.0650e36a94861077374d1ab41812d185.jpg

ollypenrice

The 400 hour image...

That is outstanding Olly!

Congratulations to Tom and yourself.

And for everybody else do check out the larger image in the link, it's well worth it.

• Like 1

Truly amazing, I would love to see this as a massive print.

Congratulations Tom & Olly

Words fail me... totally...  Huge commitment, an incredible accomplishment and an almost unbelievable result - Congratulations to you both!

Ok, I think you've proved beyond a shadow of doubt that you're the ultimate widefield junky of us all ;)

Congratulations Tom and Olly :) I hope you get this outstanding (and in a league of its own!) mosaic commissioned, it truly deserves it!

I know I'm going to enjoy looking at the Jpeg fro some time, so thanks for sharing :)

Simply beautiful!!! I shall also be coming back again and again just to stare and find new stuff.

Edited by Dave Lloyd

words cannot do this justice. truelly inspirational and such commitment to your craft. "well done to you both" hardly covers it but I'll say it anyway. Hope to see it hanging one day :D

This is setting a very high standard for amateur astrophotography, congrats to you both and good luck with getting someone to print the beast! Look forward to seeing Toms version.

Callum

Edited by iksose7

Actually, this will make a fine reference image for anyone interested in this bit of the sky.  Amazing.  And what a lot going on!

Chris

I'll run out of superlatives! It really is an amazing result. Congratulations to both you and Tom. Also a huge thank you for sharing a sample of this Masterpiece.

It truly deserves to be published and exhibited full size.

I look forward to the forth coming TV documentaries. :)

What' next?

Wow, simply stunning! I would make a trip to see an 8 metre print of this.

Well, there really isn't much to say about this as it is just about as perfect as it can get. I really, really like the rendition and colour!

Hats off to you both!

/per

What can I say about this? I just don't know. I really don't. Stupidly good. Absolutely ridiculously good.

Amazing stuff men, dread to think how long it would take to amass 400 hours of data in the UK probably 40 years  :grin:

Dave

Wowsers Olly! That's awesome!

You guys must be very proud, and rightly so :-)

Amazing, has to be one of my favourite astro images I've seen.

I wonder how much it would cost to get a full size print made?

Stunning. Please keep us posted on your progress with the poster, I would pay good money to see an 8 metre version of this! In the meatime I shall have some fun tonight identifying the various DSOs on the image. :)

Edited by RobertI