SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

GoPro Astro Photography

Langy

It's been quite some time since I've been out with the telescope but regular viewings with the naked eye have still took place over the last few months.

I've just purchased a GoPro Hero 4 Silver and decided to give it a go last night for a bit of Astro Photography.

The camera was just sat outside my back door on a Gorillapod and left to run for a couple of hours taking 30 second exposures.

I was amazed as to how much it had captured.

http://youtu.be/19RiC0DMoX4

Yes I was very surprised by how good the results were. I don't think that I could get anything as well exposed with my EOS300D, certainly the 3 mm lens works great in these situations.

Roy, I don;t think that they would be so good through the scope as the lens is only 3mm.

I've already posted a couple more videos on the channel for showing daytime time lapse and slow motion.

I do have a project in mind of taking some images around where I live at night, made up from stills and video where I also hope to capture the night sky in certain places.

If I do get something done then I will post it back.

Thanks for the comments, most appreciated.

Archived