Narrowband

sport on other worlds

impactcrater

I was lying quietly in slumber mode and wondered what sports would be good to play on the Moon...there could be low gravity indoor atmosphere sports  and outdoor no atmosphere games played in  (hopefully ) lightweight outfits to allow easy movement..

I am aware that one Moon walker did hit two golf balls....'da bukas are moider' , he told me...

And wouldn't the Olympics be fun !

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Football would be fun.   It'd be alot easier to spot the players who dive, that's for sure. The action would be protracted over a number of minutes!

Formula 1 on moon buggies -they'd need to rethink aero dynamics a bit though.

Golf courses would have to be huge.  A typical Par 3 hole being 2500 yards!

Cliff jumping into the trenches could be fun :D

If you had the same sort of conditions as the Moon the 300 yds drive in golf may not be that much of a brag any longer though I did it a good few times with a Molitor ball, never managed it with the Balarta balls the pros use. I can see it now 1st hole at the the open, 2 1/2 miles Par 4 dog to the right.

Alan

Archived