Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hello from MIlton Keynes.

rigel5

Greetings from MIlton Keynes.

I have always been interested in the night sky but have never done anything about it until I asked my 16yr old daughter what she wanted for Christmas 2013.

When she replied a telescope it was where did that come from.

So I bought her a Celstron 150 eq. 

I must admit we joined the Milton Keynes Astronomical Society together but she didnt enjoy that but I have stayed a member and renewed for this year .

I use her telescope more than she does.

I LOVE IT.

My only other hobby is MUSIC

Clubs are never easy especially when they just do not quite fit.

I see there is one at Wellingborough area, maybe a bit too far also one at Stanion a bit further ot but similar area and the third is at Nene Valley. The first and third both have a postcode of NN( the second NN14 - all 3 are in the same general area, which is a bit odd.

There is one at St Neots and there is one at Bedford.

Luton may be too far as I think the group meet on the East side and you would have not very good drive from the M1 across and through Luton to get to it. Letchworth and Cambridge are too far also.

The others in Bucks are some distance, but as MK is situated where it is looking at Bedfordshire and Northamptonshire is an option.

HI every one Im Randal, from W.P.B. Fla. and Im a beginner at  astronomy and Im looking to buy my first telescope thinking a celetron 130mm ro a 150mm. My other hobby is laptops. My budget is 200.00 to 250.00 U.S. Any suggestions? Have a great day. Thank You.

Archived