Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

light pollution ruins all

algol

so fed up of this lp near me.

no cities but two towns within 5 miles either side of me so they double team me.

m31 is a very faint smudge, not seen any other messier galaxies yet, hell even some constellations like cancer are not visible to naked eye.

to top it all off the neighbours security light came on about 20 feet from me at eye level nearly and it shines out not down.

GREAT! :nono:

How well do you get on with the neighbour? Maybe invite them around one night for a peek through the scope; once they've seen Saturn they'll probably be quite responsive to your problems with their light.

James

lol sorta friendly yeah, not the astronomy type he aint. yah first time it happened though in a month since i had my scope so not too bad.

just general poor viewing tonight with the high fog/cloud. could only just make out m42 :shock:

Normally not too bad once neighbours have gone to bed. I knew I only had a small weather window tonight so I thought I'd give it a go. Their curtains werent closed right and the light was shining right into my eyes. Last year I had an excellent dark sky site but a local business put up security lights which killed that site stone dead.

Normally yes I can see cancer clearly enough and on a good night I can make out the beehive cluster but tonight was another bust. Its just been awful here for the past month.

I did manage M81, M82 and M51 but they were nothing like as good as Im used to. Andromeda is blocked off by nearby houses at this time of year but again it can be very easily visible

On my wanderings for a new close by dark sky site I walked over to sea front and could see an aurora but again lights and high cloud spoiled that too.

Archived