SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

GOTO data base

Think the Celestron set is out on the net somewhere, actually thought I had a copy of it but cannot find it in the 2 minute look I just did. Equally I cannot see the Meade ones I had nor the Celestron alighment star I had, so looks like I have put them somnewhere safe, and never to be seen again.

Not sure about the Bayer designation, I cannot recall that as an option and although I think you can add a custom item or two I doubt it extends to a full set as the Bayer.

To do that I suspect you would need Celestron to release the software as Open Source and also supply an SDK to built the "new" variant. They might one day I suppose, it would make sense in some respects.

First one worked for me, as did the second.

Reading the text it is a bit ironic that the last thing it seems anyone did (Including me) was read the Celestron Site as the link says the full star lists are available from there.  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes: 

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction - very much appreciated and I have downloaded the lot!

Any information/experience on SkyLink Q and SkyPortal on an Android tablet? From what I read the system may be unreliable.

Archived