Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Herstmonceux 11th Festival of Astronomy 2015

jnb

• 2 weeks later...

Just looked at the site and a bit  confused by the pricing, last year paid one price for camping and admission into the centre, reads like they want another £40.00 to go into the centre which you have to do to attend lectures.

Also planned to book the same spot but the plot numbers appear to have changed.

Dave

It has always normally been one price for a tent pitch, then there is an entry fee to the Science Centre.

It looks like this year it is £30 for a tent pitch for the whole weekend.  Then for admission to the Science Centre it would be £40 for the whole weekend.

Instead of £40 for whole weekend you could pay for entry per session which is £10 a go.  

Because the lectures are held within the Science Centre you would require to pay an entry fee then there is a small fee to go to a lecture. The lanyard is usually given out for  a full weekend pass. I'm not too sure about the pitch numbers changing. However I know that the trees on the East edge of the field have been removed so that might have given them more room for more pitches

• 4 months later...

Can't wait for this year's festival! It'll be my 5th year, missed out on the 2 days of last year's 10th anniversary due to work. Got pitch 105. Will be a great chance to test my new 'frac (which I'll have in about 3 weeks :D )

• 1 month later...

Hey guys, if I don't book for camping and just have a day ticket do they kick you out after 11 or can I hang around and mingle maybe Evan bring my own telescope??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No one is going to chuck you out, there'll be folks up 'till the early hours depending on the weather.

Dave

Hey guys, if I don't book for camping and just have a day ticket do they kick you out after 11 or can I hang around and mingle maybe Evan bring my own telescope??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No one is going to chuck you out, there'll be folks up 'till the early hours depending on the weather.

Dave

Don't believe him. At 11:00pm we find anyone without a ticket, take them down to the castle and chuck them in the moat!

Archived