Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

amazing out there this evening

mister_wavey

Man, it was lovely and clear this evening! 

Best night out for me this year - could just about make out the 6.02 mag star in ursa minor from my back yard.

Bagged M106, M94, M63, M105, M95, M96, M102 and a *glorious* M3 to finish things off: absolutely fabulous in the 16".

Nice one Stuart - had a quick two hours out the garden myself but tonight next door decided to leave his outside flood light on all night - not so bad as I errected a screen which cut out the worst of it - gotta get to grips with these star charts though still not finding it second nature at all. Never mind glad to get out there- wind picked up a little before I came in but a beautiful night once again - probably the pick of the week looking at the forecast as well.

Just got in after a few hours out the back as we'll. Conditions were almost perfect. Had about half hour observing and the rest of the time faffing about with the DSLR and DSS settings. Stumbled across some good advice on an old thread which lead to me capturing my best images of M42 and M51 yet. Chuffed to bits!

Archived