15-02-2015: Jupiter from the Holland with some good seeing.

Draconid

After missing part of the season because of making some improvements on my scope, I finally started imaging Jupiter.

Although the part of the Netherlands I am living in is below sea level, there is the odd night with good seeing:

post-39122-0-71570500-1424127577.png

This picture is a RGB made with my Skywatcher 250px Dobson on a VNS-platform, ASI120MM 3x Barlow (@F20) and RGB filters.

Processing was done with AS2, Registax and Winjupos.

Thanks for the replies, it nice to have good seeing and it happens probaly more than people think.

@Leveye, I use a 3x Televue barlow. With the images it produces I never had the urge to buy a powermate.

@The Eq platform I use is home build, and given it price (~100 euro for materials) it performs absolutely fantastic. If the polar alignment is good, the remaining drift is quite little and I can keep Jupiter in the small field of view for several RGB series. I do have to regulate the speed, but I have a handbox for that. I will make a post in the ATM section soon to show its construction.

Archived