Narrowband

Jupiter - Altair Wave 115 Refractor

David_Pickles

I recently sold my Skywatcher Explorer 190MN and bought an Altair Wave 115 Triplet instead - I had been after a good quality refractor for some time and although the 190MN had served me well, I wanted something that took a little less space and required less maintenance. As always, new kit means a run of bad weather (sorry - it's all my fault), but I managed to get out last weekend and grab a few avi clips of Jupiter between the clouds. I used a Tele Vue 2x powermate to increase magnification and a QHYIMG132E camera to capture the image, which I stacked in AutoStakkert 2 and processed in RegiStax 6. I am very pleased considering the small aperture.

16309647269_7b89cbefcd_b.jpg

Jupiter and Europa - 8 Feb 15 by David_Pickles, on Flickr

Very nice David, i own the same scope so its nice to see what kind of planetary images it is capable of. I am a DSO imager but i did just image Jupiter for the first time a few weeks ago and it was just a dot really with the DSLR i was using and no barlow. I hope to get a planetary cam sometime soon!

Callum

Archived