SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

SGLX Workshops?

tich

I was just wondering if there was going to be any workshops this year like we had at SGL9, I really enjoyed Moonshane's collimating tutorial last year even though I were there twiddling with the scope in front of everyone lol. Since then I've never looked back & always use the same method & found that it helped me a lot.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

I'll be covering narrowband processing amongst other things Ps related. Full details to be announced soon.

I don't do any narrowband myself but processing in PS I've always found quite difficult so I'd be interested in learning some techniques.

I don't do any narrowband myself but processing in PS I've always found quite difficult so I'd be interested in learning some techniques.

No prob, a lot of it can be used in broadband processing too (esp. for Lum). Reason why I'm doing NB is that we can get an end result with just two filters (so less battles to fight)..... and because its what I do most of the year (and so have a better library of examples to use) :)

No prob, a lot of it can be used in broadband processing too (esp. for Lum). Reason why I'm doing NB is that we can get an end result with just two filters (so less battles to fight)..... and because its what I do most of the year (and so have a better library of examples to use) :)

That would be great Rob thanks I look forward to meeting you & learning a few processing techniques.

Spikey and Unranium235, I will be interested in the imaging and Narrow band. I'll have a tidy up and clear some brain space first though.

If you've got your own gear I can do a one to one on your own kit if that helps?

Thanks for the offer Spikey.

I didn't intend bringing my main imaging gear though.

I will bring my Skymax on an Astrotrac with a planet camera to grab Jupiter in darker skies. Also a DSLR for wider views.

I have spent the last couple of weeks practising using the above outside the observatory on battery power and making a packing list for SGLX. It has been a new learning experience.

I could pack my cooled camera (need to think about power as it is very fussy)

So in answer to your offer,  yes please, any tips/ideas are always welcome, if you can cope with a cobbled together mix of gear.

I am also open to a group theory session or anything you are kind enough to do.

Thanks John.

Spikey and Unranium235, I will be interested in the imaging and Narrow band. I'll have a tidy up and clear some brain space first though.

No prob, that will be on the Saturday then. If you dont have your own narrowband data, I can supply some. Trying to decide what examples to use atm, im looking for something with good structure, possibly the Veil, Pelican, HH and maybe M42 (but that one is quite heavy on layer masks). Its probably better if we all have a go at the same thing at least once, just to ensure we are all progressing at the same pace and are fixing the same issues.

Great Uranium,

Yes, I have NO NB data (No NB filters yet)

I assume a windows laptop Pixinsight and Photoshop, Registax etc. and a USB stick would be OK for a prerequisite.

Looking forward to learning spells and tricks from the masters.

John.

Thanks for the offer Spikey.

I didn't intend bringing my main imaging gear though.

I will bring my Skymax on an Astrotrac with a planet camera to grab Jupiter in darker skies. Also a DSLR for wider views.

I have spent the last couple of weeks practising using the above outside the observatory on battery power and making a packing list for SGLX. It has been a new learning experience.

I could pack my cooled camera (need to think about power as it is very fussy)

So in answer to your offer,  yes please, any tips/ideas are always welcome, if you can cope with a cobbled together mix of gear.

I am also open to a group theory session or anything you are kind enough to do.

Thanks John.

Might be easier to come and have a watch of me setting up and operating my stuff as I'll be taking the full works.

I can also set it up in the day in simulation mode to explain anything you might be unsure about :)

Might be easier to come and have a watch of me setting up and operating my stuff as I'll be taking the full works.

I can also set it up in the day in simulation mode to explain anything you might be unsure about :)

Spikey,

Great, what ever works for you. It will be interesting to see.

John (focaldepth)

Hello Guys

Please could I ask if anyone can do a tutorial on the Lodestar x2 guide/camera? I would like to see how it performs with the "Lodestar Live" software.

I am thinking of using the Lodestar X2 to do some near live viewing of the night skies if this is possible please?

I will be on the hardstanding's on pitch 107 if anyone can help please, just pop round and give me a shout as I will be there from Wednesday  5pm to Monday morning. I posted this request here as I didn't want to really do a PM to everyone who has a one of these pieces of kit in their signature who are going to SGLX.

Best regards, Hadyn - Isle of Man

The class list for Saturdays processing workshop currently stands at:

Tich

Focaldepth

So three places remaining, and Fridays sesion is now fully booked. Bring your own chair and maybe your coffee mug, (I cant bring half a kitchen with me...lol).

The session will run from 2-4, but may run on longer and there will be three tasks:

1) IC434 (to demostrate star control, layer masking etc...)

2) IC 5070 (or your own data)

3) Modified Cannistra processing (if we have enough time left).

I'd like a complete beginners guide to AP if anyone can help. Seeing an expert in action might give me an idea if I can do it or not.

Hello Michael

Please could you give me a shout on Pitch 107 please if you are able to secure a kind person to give you a complete beginners guide to AP, as I would be very interested too?

I shall be on site as from about 5 pm on the Wednesday.

Best regards,

Hadyn - Isle of Man

Archived