Finally joined SGL!

Planet X

Hi everybody, i have joined SGL today,something i should have done years ago,so enough of going it on our own(me and my ten year old daughter)!  I took the plunge this week and sold off our much loved Skywatcher 150p and bought a nearly new Celestron CPC 800 and and an immaculate used Coronado Solarmax 40.  Haven't seen a dicky bird as yet as cloud cover has been pretty bad but i have been trying to familiarize myself with the CPC manual,seems pretty straight forward but the test will be when we actually take it outside and try our first alignment!  Anyway, greetings from Warwick UK and here's to clear skies  :smiley:   

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you all for  a really warm welcome!  I hadnt atually appreciated how much of a truly international site this was. I hope to tap into the wealth of knowledge on here at some point and get to know many of you.  Going over the CPC manual again, by the time the sky actually clears i might know it like the back of my hand!

Thinking of attaching my Solarmax 40 to my CPC 800 using the ADM mini dovetail and 100mm rings kit, hope this does the trick.

Hi Planet X and welcome to SGL, enjoy your new scopes when the clouds clear, frustrating to say the least :)

Thanks John.  I suppose i should look on the bright side, because i have just bought them,i  have them set up in the living room, all dust caps on of course.  I was very suprised to say the least at the scale of the CPC 800 when set up,  Think i might stare at it for just a couple more days before i put it away! :)

Archived