Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Started stargazing in France

Stropper

I've been stargazing with my SkeWatcher Explorer 200P for a few months. Really good skies here as out in the countryside away from any street lights. Keen to know if anyone else is in this area as the nearest club is some distance away

I've been stargazing with my SkeWatcher Explorer 200P for a few months. Really good skies here as out in the countryside away from any street lights. Keen to know if anyone else is in this area as the nearest club is some distance away

Hi, I've probably missed something here, but France is a big country with a lot of countryside.  :smiley: Give us a clue please. Apologies if it is shown somewhere.

Edit

Oops sorry should have said Welcome to SGL.

Dave

Thanks for the reply

Sorry should have said North Dordogne between Limoges and Perigueux.

Hi, shame, we are not near neighbours. I'm about half way from Limoges to Toulouse. Don't know anybody on hee that is from your neck of the woods but you never know.

Clear skies

Dave

Hi and welcome to SGL - I hope that you find someone or a group local to you. I have found that this is a solitary hobby when you are abroad. However, the internet and this forum have been massively instrumental in getting me to where I am now - It's a great place and people are always willing to help.

Look forward to seeing you around :)

Hello and welcome to the forum :)

I would recommend to suscribe to an astronomy magazine ('ciel & espace' is the best one as far as I am concerned) they have section dedicated to astro clubs in France.

Clear skies !

Archived