Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

What telescope etc are you thinking of bringing to SGLX?

hadyn42

I will, of course, be bringing Jeffrey :)

If anyone has some BST Explorer / Starguiders with them I'd love to try one or two as I've read so much about them but have yet to use one :smiley:

I have a couple of BST Starguiders - 12mm and 8mm - that you're welcome to borrow. It would be nice to put a face to the name too - I suppose I may have met you in previous years but if so I don't think I ever put 2 and 2 together. I'm over in Hare from Tuesday.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will, of course, be bringing Jeffrey :)

I have a couple of BST Starguiders - 12mm and 8mm - that you're welcome to borrow. It would be nice to put a face to the name too - I suppose I may have met you in previous years but if so I don't think I ever put 2 and 2 together. I'm over in Hare from Tuesday.

Thanks Kev - I'm in a caravan in the 1st row of hardstandings from Thursday to Sunday. I'll be sure to look out for you :smiley:

The pile of boxes and "stuff" is already getting large. Bringing the 4" Mak plus solar film on the HEQ5 and the PSE on a Merlin+tripod for the eclipse (separate mounts) and the 80ED and 66ED dual mount setup for night time. But then, I might want to add the DSLR, hmmm.  May alter these depending on the weather forecast (memories of seeing just a few stars for all of an hour or so last year).

One thing I will be bringing is my 300mm f4 lens for some wider field views. The 414EX and that sense result in a nice sensitive system although the 383L on it may be better as a wide field system (offsetting the 8300 sensitivity).

I'll have to decide once there.. but I'm going to make an adaptor to hold it all.

Jeffers is now packed. Which is sort of a shame, as tonight looks like the clearest of the week!

Happy Hunting, those of you already there :)

Hello Kev

Are you getting there tomorrow? If so pop over to 107 for a curry. I get there at about 5 pm tomorrow.

Best regards, Hadyn

I reckon these Dob boys are taking the mick with all this refractor talk, they will turn up 'mob handed' with their heavy artillery as normal [emoji6]

I wish stu but no room the beer fridge has taken up valuable space

Archived