Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

What telescope etc are you thinking of bringing to SGLX?

hadyn42

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm planning on bringing my EdgeHD 800 and the skywatcher 80ED. Hopefully they will actually get some prolonged use this year!

I should bring something along for this eclipse thingy too, but not really sure what the best approach is - should I try and image the event (I have an etx 105 somewhere and a solar filter for it) or should I just enjoy it visually and have a peek in various solar scopes that will doubtless be following the sun that morning?

Whatever, I look forward to seeing everyone there.

I had planned to bring my 10" reflector, my Tal 100RS and a little 66mm ED APO, but will now be moving house that week so have had to cancel. :embarassed:

I will be there in spirit and will have to contend with viewing the eclipse from my new back garden.  Have fun everyone and I hope to get to an event later in the year.

Celestron C8 SCT on the VX mount - with a solar filter and a few eyepieces

I was scarred for life at Kelling in the Autumn when my guide camera packed up on the clearest night I'd ever seen there - and I was stuck with a 65mm, no diagonal and no eyepieces :-(

I vowed then to do my imaging at home and use the star parties as an opportunity to do some observing :-)

David

p.s. if the ASI120MC happens to fall in the kit box on departure I may do SOME imaging ....lol

I will have my CPC1100, 12" Dob, 10" Newt, ST102 Frac and Lunt LS50Ha plus a couple of pairs of bins.

I might also bring the 6" Newt and 6" SCT if they tell me they would be feeling lonely at home :grin:

One or both of those last two might end up in the for sale tent :wink:

I'd love a peek through the ED100 please James. This is top of the hit parade for my next scope I think.

You'd be more than welcome to have a peak Shane, although I'll warn you the scope has a history - originally one of the champagne ones, spray painted white by a member here who doesn't believe scopes should be anything but white, sold onto someone else, then eventually to me. It's been knocked/bashed, thumped and still gives nice views :)

James

If I can make it this year (looking 50:50 at the moment :( ) I plan to bring my Orion 80ED and Revelation 66ED scopes mounted on a dual mount bar on an HEQ5Pro mount for imaging with my modded Canon 1100D.  The 66ED acts as a guide scope at night and a 0.7Ao Hydrogen alpha solar scope by day.  I also plan to bring my Astrotrac with Canon 1000D with 50mm and 200mm lenses.

I'm also hoping to give my new-to-me Lodestar guide camera it's first night out.

I'll be bringing my PST and hopefully my 200P. I say hopefully because I'm sadly just going through a divorce and my wife has just found out why..... I have the PST safely in my car but the 200P is still in the garden shed. I don't mind her cutting up my clothes but if she finds the shed keys.... Oh the horror!

I'll be bringing my PST and hopefully my 200P. I say hopefully because I'm sadly just going through a divorce and my wife has just found out why..... I have the PST safely in my car but the 200P is still in the garden shed. I don't mind her cutting up my clothes but if she finds the shed keys.... Oh the horror!

Sorry to hear about the divorce and current "tension" - been there and got the t-shirt 15 years ago so I share your pain. I hope you manage to save your clothes and your scope :wink:

Depends on the weather, might bring the 4" F15 (Brassy) or the Meade 127EDT, no imaging for me, going back to my routes and visual only at starparties. Ive wasted too much time fighting computers in  dark starparty fields in the past :grin:

Archived