Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

• Announcements

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_widefield.jpg.36065d79cb2625eb299137a5b4432c96.jpg

hadyn42

What telescope etc are you thinking of bringing to SGLX?

hadyn42    82

Hello All

Just thought I would ask the question again this year.

Mods,  if you think this is not a suitable question / post  please delete it.

I really enjoyed the event last year and this will be my fourth SGL Event. It will great to meet up again with you guys and have some very interesting chats and plenty of laughs and beers again this year. 

I am hoping to bring along my 9.25" SCT, ED80  and may even bring along my cctv camera to try some video capture of the night sky.

My wife is again hoping to do some serious cake baking again for me to bring along to the event.........

Best regards,

Hadyn - Isle of Man

:laugh:

focaldepth    70

Hi,

A weird collection. Anything not bolted down to my garden lump of concrete.

SW SkyMax 150, Celestron Nexstar Burst, Starlight xpress filter wheel, Astrotrac on eq6 legs, Celestron 15x70 bino,

Eclipse glasses, solar filter, 7D, lenses, tripod.

Other items under consideration.

Paul73    2,497

IT didn't take me long to decide. I will be bringing my only scope.

Bog standard 10" SW Flex-tube Dob and a pair of Binos.

I do however, have a very bad warm hat and a tent covered in flowers (don't ask).

Paul

Mr Spock    5,065

If there's room in the car after I've packed my beer, it'll be the C9.25 + EQ6 :)

• Like 1

Stu    14,821

I do have a bit of a challenge to decide as I may not have space for both. Sumerian 16" Canopus and/or Vixen 150ED. Would love to get them both under a decent sky, doesn't happen at home. May have to hire a bigger car!! Need to fit some solar bits in too.

• Like 1

John    17,548

Probably my 12" Orion Optics dobsonian. I was thinking of the Istar 6" F/12 but I don't think I'll have a mount sorted for the event.

As well as my own eyepieces I'll bring along the ones that First Light Optics have loaned me to review as well so, with FLO's approval, folks who are interested can have a look for themselves. These include some Baader GO's, Astro Hutech orthos, Baader Classic orthos, Vixen SLV's, a Vixen 30mm NPL and the Skywatcher Myriad 100 / 110 degree eyepieces.

If anyone has some BST Explorer / Starguiders with them I'd love to try one or two as I've read so much about them but have yet to use one :smiley:

• Like 5

Ulaw    15

I'll be bringing my 8" dob, Skywatcher 80ED and heq5 plus some bins. Oh and not to mention LOTS of jaffas!

Paul

Davey-T    9,261

As above somewhere, everything thats not bolted down :)

That's  6 , 7 flight cases 

Dave

JemC    672

I will be bringing my binoculars, Evostar 90 and 1 badly collimated 200p :embarrassed: hoping I might be able to bribe/tempt(with beer/wine) some kind person to go through the collimation procedure with me :tongue:

• Like 3

Scott    4,695

astrotrac,1100d and maybe my 60mm AA lightwave. My main plan is to flit between all the big dobs that will be there :D.

• Like 1

JemC    672

I will gladly help and I do work better with an alcy lubricant :0)

thank you very kindly,

just let me know what you prefer and will make sure I have some with me :smiley:

Moonshane    9,978

Lol. Only joking about booze. Will help no matter what. Just bring yourself and scope and I will out the kettle on. I will be there late Friday afternoon to Sunday dinner. Can't remember which pitch will post in a min when I check.