Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_30_second_exp_2_winners.thumb.jpg.b5430b40547c40d344fd4493776ab99f.jpg

Was looking at the Orion Intelliscopes. They are a customized DOB. You get to pick and choose a bunch of options. Just wondering if anyone has ever used one. How well does the "push to" system work? I had a 10" DOB for about 6 months and though I had some amazing views with it, I could never get the hang of star hopping and never had much success finding DSO's. If this system would work it would be nice for a quick setup and give me something to do while my other rig is imaging.

I use Astro Devices Nexus which you can attach to most Dobs to use as a push to system. It uses encoders like the intelliscopes and is very accurate so I'd guess the intelliscopes are also very good from that view point.

I have a 6" and 8" Intelliscope, the optics are great and the "push to" feature is excellent.  :smiley: