Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Help assembling eq6 mount

Rowland

Hello all I've recently had the issue of a washer vanishing inside my mount as me and my brother tried to upgrade the mount to a go -to i've taken the top half apart (declination) and i'm in the middle of waiting for a part so i can take the bottom half apart  (RA axis)  as i lack tools. Whilst being unable to find the washer i assume it's in the RA axis and decided to put back the parts i took apart. Now comes the issue I can only get the Declination down so far before it stops and i am unable to lower it any further. So i think i've messed up badly and i am wondering if there is any shops that can do repairs as i don't believe i can fix it. I'm quite happy to pay but if possible i'd like to know if im doing anything wrong.

ps i'm heading to bed as i feel defeated and tired and i've got a long day of work :sad:  Let me know if you need more angles of the mount to decide.

Thanks for any advice.

Ronnie

post-29597-0-69134700-1423692669_thumb.j

post-29597-0-30594900-1423692670_thumb.j

OK, it looks like you may have one of the bearings slewed on the stem.  Try and wobble it out and go to AstorBaby's website for the whole lowdown on what to do.

Great idea!!!

I had completely forgotten about this site and how good it is.

My EQ6 hasn't been running at all the last few weeks, and I was about to flog it for small change. Then I followed the directions on how to adjust the worm gears and - voila!! Works like a charm.

Thanks for reminding me, and a big up for Astrobaby.

Great idea!!!

I had completely forgotten about this site and how good it is.

My EQ6 hasn't been running at all the last few weeks, and I was about to flog it for small change. Then I followed the directions on how to adjust the worm gears and - voila!! Works like a charm.

Thanks for reminding me, and a big up for Astrobaby.

Cool!

The mount is in my bedroom as i don't have access to a work bench or a warm place :). I'm just having trouble with putting the declination back in to place. stupid question maybe but the bearing doesn't have a particular position (i.e there is no up or down on it) i can just put it in any way i want? ... again stupid question :)

Archived