Help on EP

Hi,
I own a Celestron Advanced VX 8 Schmidt-Cassegrain Telescope. The basic scope is rated at f/10. I have a Celestron f/6.3 Focal Reducer.

I would like to get a Skywatcher Nirvana UWA 82-degree FOV 16mm or a William Optics UWAN 16mm eyepiece.
From recearch these are one of the same.

My preference is the W-O as I have verious other W-O accessories.
The question is, is this EP ok to use with this f/10 or f/6.3 scope?
I need to get this right because if ok I will get 2, I prefere to use binos (W-O) with 45° and 90° erecting diagonals.

When using the f/6.3 Reducer and binos I have to use a x1.6 Barlow on the diagonals to get good focus, This woks fine on 32mm down to 20mm EP's

Your advise is sorted please.

Regards,

Del

WO used to say some of their eyepieces were best at f/6 and slower, the SWAN's I have were one. As best I recall the UWANS were not mentioned but even so at f/6.3 you are still slower then f/6, not by a lot but slower. So there should be no problem.

I think the question is - at whatever f ratio how do they preform.

Also seems an odd pair to drop into binoviewers, and I have no idea why I say that so someone will likely appear and explain why they are good. At 82 degree I suppose people use ES 82's and so the same result.

WO used to say some of their eyepieces were best at f/6 and slower, the SWAN's I have were one. As best I recall the UWANS were not mentioned but even so at f/6.3 you are still slower then f/6, not by a lot but slower. So there should be no problem.

I think the question is - at whatever f ratio how do they preform.

Also seems an odd pair to drop into binoviewers, and I have no idea why I say that so someone will likely appear and explain why they are good. At 82 degree I suppose people use ES 82's and so the same result.

Cheers Ronin,

I use binos because I cannot get on with single EP's. To much eye strain. The difference is a major improvement (I think). 2 x 20mm @ 66 FOV work well but this is why I am asking the question, 2 16mm EP's will cost £300+ but if ok it will be worth it.

Del

Archived