sgl_imaging_challenge_2021_2.thumb.jpg.72789c04780d7659f5b63ea05534a956.jpg

M82 - Need more cloudy nights....

Well, it has been so long since I posted anything........I just had to.

Rushed capture, severe lack of processing skill (why is every time like the first time? - try to learn again what you thought you'd grasped when you last did this 3 months ago....)

But here's my take on M82.  10x120s Lum, 10x180s R/G/B. 5x900s Ha.  Alll bodged together in PI and photoshop.

The Ha is really stretched, and it was taken with quite a lot of moon about (any excuse!)

But you can see what it is at least.

I know I should be doing better, but I'm busy renovating a house (with a nice dark garden - can't wait).

post-24538-0-23305900-1423685928_thumb.j

• Like 3

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By ZS1RA
      After what felt like a decade my Mesu e200 was finally delivered. It is such a beautiful piece of machinery, no frills just pure functionality.
      I had the counter weights manufactured locally and completed the mechanical assembly, pretty straight forward. Thanks to @Jonk, https://stargazerslounge.com/profile/37161-jonk/ for providing me with the dimensions for a 16,5kg counterweight in stainless steel. I downloaded and installed SciTech.exe plus the other bits of software to make it work. The only thing I’m still uncertain about is Carte du Ciel. I’m used to Stallerium for my Skywatcher and Celestron PWI, which I love. I guess I’ll just have to get used to CDC.
      I need some assistance and would appreciate help. My mount is not going to have the luxury of a permanent pier, I have to move it off the balcony every time I’ve finished my session. I have a very limited view of the South (I’m in South Africa) and no view of the SCP. Despite this I can polar align to a high degree of accuracy with the Synscan routine embedded in the SkyWatcher EQ6R Pro hand controller. Having had a cursory glance at the help menu in the SciTech Polar Alignment tab and it appears that I will need to have a view of the Celestial Pole. Does anyone have advice please? 
      Thanks Shaun

• By DaveS
      Finally I have something like First Light with the ODK12. This is just 6 x 600 sec subs Luminance with the Moravian G3 16200 and Chroma filters. Sigma Add stacking in AstroArt 7 followed by a slight crop to get rid of dither edges, Gradient Reduction (As the moon was starting to interfere), DDP and Unsharp Mask.
      Calibration was with Darks and Flats only as I had neglected to do Dark Flats *slapped wrist*.

Reduced 50% for upload and JPEG. Yes it's a bit noisy, and I think I may have focus issues.
      C&C welcome as usual. 
    • By DaveS
      "Unboxing" seems too feeble a term for this. As posted in the Lounge, This arrived just after midday

Getting it into my conservatory nearly did my back in so had to give it a rest before proceeding. Removing the cover (Six very long screws revealed lots of bubble wrap

Concerned about getting the 'scope out safely I put a folded duvet (The one I had for SGL19) ready to cushion the floor

After heaving it out of the packing (Heavy, but not unmanageable) the 'scope was revealed in all its pristine glory.

On the back is a Starlight Instruments Feather Touch focuser, plus connection for the internal dew heater.

I think that will do for now. There was also an envelope with instructions for collimation, and a small package with a spacing tool and ronchi grating to get the spacing correct (OOUK specify +/- 1 mm), and the adaptors for the Moravian G3 16200 that's going on it. Phew!
      More photos will follow when I get it on the mount.

• By Jon2070
      I am new to imaging with telescopes, so far i have had good results with DSLR lenses mounted on a Sky-Watcher Star Adventurer. 
      I have the opportunity to use an Orion Optics ODK12, I understand that I will require a T ring adaptor and one or more extension tubes, has anyone had experience attaching a full frame DSLR to an ODK12 or similar that can point me in the right direction please?
    • By Wieben
      Hello all,
      The performance of the Mesu200 is unquestionable excellent, and I'm very happy with the performance I get from mine with a 10" Quattro riding on top. It performs very well handling a pixelresolution of 0.94" (camera resolution not the RMS which is much better of course).
      Planning for a future permanent setup under excellent seeing, I wonder if there are any users who has experience regarding the upper limit of the Mesu200 for photographic use.
      It's tempting to try with a large newton astrograph, but wonder how it would handle a weight close to 60 kg and 0.5" pixel resolution. Common sense tells me to aim for less and not go beyond 40 Kg/1600 mm focal length.
      Any thoughts?
      Br
      Heine

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.