Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_terminator_challenge_winners.thumb.jpg.6becf44442bc7105be59da91b2bee295.jpg

jackrussell0232

M82 - Need more cloudy nights....

Well, it has been so long since I posted anything........I just had to.

Rushed capture, severe lack of processing skill (why is every time like the first time? - try to learn again what you thought you'd grasped when you last did this 3 months ago....)

But here's my take on M82.  10x120s Lum, 10x180s R/G/B. 5x900s Ha.  Alll bodged together in PI and photoshop.

The Ha is really stretched, and it was taken with quite a lot of moon about (any excuse!)

But you can see what it is at least.

I know I should be doing better, but I'm busy renovating a house (with a nice dark garden - can't wait).

post-24538-0-23305900-1423685928_thumb.j

• Like 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Jon2070
      I am new to imaging with telescopes, so far i have had good results with DSLR lenses mounted on a Sky-Watcher Star Adventurer. 
      I have the opportunity to use an Orion Optics ODK12, I understand that I will require a T ring adaptor and one or more extension tubes, has anyone had experience attaching a full frame DSLR to an ODK12 or similar that can point me in the right direction please?
    • By Wieben
      Hello all,
      The performance of the Mesu200 is unquestionable excellent, and I'm very happy with the performance I get from mine with a 10" Quattro riding on top. It performs very well handling a pixelresolution of 0.94" (camera resolution not the RMS which is much better of course).
      Planning for a future permanent setup under excellent seeing, I wonder if there are any users who has experience regarding the upper limit of the Mesu200 for photographic use.
      It's tempting to try with a large newton astrograph, but wonder how it would handle a weight close to 60 kg and 0.5" pixel resolution. Common sense tells me to aim for less and not go beyond 40 Kg/1600 mm focal length.
      Any thoughts?
      Br
      Heine
    • By astrocatinfo
      After a few months waiting for this astro jewel piece of equipment the Mesu 200 arrived a few weeks ago. From then on I designed the new adhoc designed pier.

I haven't started calibratring everything yet. The following days I will do so.

Right now very excited with the new setup!

• By Star101
      I recently received my MESU 200 mount and as the weekend was such clear skies, even with the moon being bright, I had to setup and test the new toy.
      In the past, using my NEQ6 mount, I would do as most do and start up SGPro, Check with Astrobin for a DSO and add to SGP settings, then off I would go. In this case, M51. SGP would slew to an area where it expected the DSO and take a image, plate solve and then adjust and start imaging.
      I removed the NEQ6 mount and installed the MESU 200. I turn on the SiTech controller and no matter what I do I cannot get SGP to plate solve in the usual manner. It fails. Yet, if I do a Frame and Focus, then Plate Solve the image collected it shows the Success Icon but again, no matter which button I press of leave alone, it does not appear to Sync with the controller and will not move towards imaging. I have reverted to old school and using Cartes du Ciel to direct the scope to where I want to image and then PHD2 to track. 
      I know I am missing something but cannot find it or see it anywhere.
      How can I get SGP's plate solve and SciTech to sync?
      Thanks in advance.
    • By Star101
      Still in the planning stage for my new mount. At the moment my NEQ6 Pro spends most of its time in the garden with a tarp over it. I have decided that my new mount, when it arrives, will live in a ROR shed. The location of said shed will be where the NEQ6 is now ( see avatar ) at the bottom of the garden. 
      I have managed to get the go ahead for a 10' x 8' shed with a gazebo type posts to aid the roll off roof. My thoughts are, how small could I make this shed as the scope will be mainly used for AP? It will be on a 10" diameter self made Peir.
      Any positive advice welcome.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.