astroeddie

Have you say here ......  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Have you say here ......

• Yes, have our own list
    • No, we wont have our own list

This is what he's talking about:

Guys,

The thread of "How Messy are you ", has gave me a bit of an idea.

Not quite sure of how many members there are on this great forum, but how's about this (maybe mad) idea.

a) Each of us, in alphabetical order is to choose an object, that reaches the zenith at middnight 00ut during the week its posted. A limit to the amount of objects per week must be set ofcourse.

:rolleyes: Full details of object choosen to be included

c) Has to be visible for mid to northern latitudes.

d) Telescope needed for observing to be determined, or gave a limiting magnitude.

e) Can be either sketched, CCD'd astrophotographed or just good old observed.

Sound like fun ??????

Could call it ...... The Stargazers' Lounge *** !

The members of them southern climes can do the same ofcourse.

I personally think this is quite a good idea. It will give an idea to newbies of what objects are best to observe at a particular time of year, and also an idea of how difficult these objects will be to find. What I would propose is to have a relatively short list. Say 4 per month (48/year) with the best and most interesting objects for that month. Perhaps one galaxy, one nebula, one cluster and one double per month or something?

Andrew

Archived