SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Jupiter 9th Feb GRS & Double transit ( steady seeing )

ReticMikee

Weather forecast said cloudy but an unexpected clear sky for a couple hours..!!!

The seeing just got better and better BUT then the clouds rolled in just as it was getting good !!!

The last run was the best and probably my best image of Jupiter throughout the whole season ( so far )

post-36616-0-31796500-1423601715.jpg

post-36616-0-01858900-1423601745.jpg

post-36616-0-64724200-1423601758.jpg

Agree with Simon, the last one is stunning, and the I'd still give my right arm for the second.   Blooming clouds have a lot to answer for, but that really is nice going Mike and a great example of how much difference improving conditions can bring over a short period.

Thanks everyone :-) just wished the clouds hadn't rolled in ,oh well can't have everything I suppose LOL

The detail in the final image looks amazing. 

What scope and camera are you using?

Cheers

Nick

Thanks Nick

I'm using a C11 and asi120mm-s

If someone had said ten years ago that amateurs would be taking pics of this quality they would have been laughed out of the room. Now you and several others here are doing just that.

Fine images, really detailed.

Sent from my iPhone so excuse the typos!

If someone had said ten years ago that amateurs would be taking pics of this quality they would have been laughed out of the room. Now you and several others here are doing just that.

Fine images, really detailed.

Sent from my iPhone so excuse the typos!

Your so right Kev its amazing the quality of images being taken today by amateurs ..!!!

25 years ago when I used to SKETCH Jupiter I could only dream of taking an image like the last one ...!!!

What a great set of images complete with transit. To concur with previous comments the last one is a gem. Well captured! :smiley:

Best regards,

Ralph

Archived