92335031_Perseidsmeteorshowerbanner.jpg.f082cb58353bce3cc854fb958f76fc98.jpg

Jupiter 09/02/15 from Salisbury

leelee970

Well, it was a rush against time (for me anyway). I had to re-install my desktop p.c. knowing there was a double shadow transit taking place.

All went quite well and managed about 9 image runs using Sharpcapture2 and Firecapture with the QHY5LII on an OO Europa 200.

AS!2, Registax6 and Gimp used for post processing.

Lee

post-5674-0-51741100-1423577914.jpg

• Like 6

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By SteveBz
      Hi Guys,
      I've been guiding with a QHY5L-iim/OAG setup for the last year or so.  I can nearly always expect to find a guide star in any frame I GOTO, however there have been a few cases when that has not been true and my sequence has failed.
      Recently an unexpected storm drenched all my electronics including the QHY5L-iim, which doesn't appear to have recovered.  So I now need to replace it.
      The question is, do I chose another QHY5L-iim, and maybe increase the exposure time for some frames from 1s to 3s, for instance, or should I choose a ZWO ASI290mm-s?  It seems a bit more sensitive, although the chip seems a littler smaller.  What are your thoughts?
      Thanks
      Steve.
    • By Demonperformer
      Setting up all the software on my win10 laptop and getting things to talk to one another is a nightmare.
      I'm starting a new thread, so I can post all the problems I am having, one at a time, so issues don't get confused. This will also hopefully help anyone coming to similar situations later, as the problems and answers will not be interlaced.
      First issue: APT does not detect ZWO camera.
      I have got the camera (ZWO) drivers installed and sharpcap can see it and will connect to it properly. However, when I try to connect the camera in APT, the only CCD options it gives me are SBIG (which it isn't), QSI (which it isn't) and ASCOM. Now it shouldn't need to use an ascom driver, because the proper driver is installed, but I give it a go anyway, and this just offers me 2 simulators and 3 QHY cameras (I have one qhy driver installed for the guidecam .... I'll get to that later!). I have disconnected both the filterwheel and guide camera from the camera hub, so they cannot be interefering with the process.
      I am at a total loss ... any suggestions?
      Thanks.
    • By Demonperformer
      I originally put this query on a different board (with hindsight, I think the wrong one), but got no response, so am trying again here.
      My aim is to attach my qhy5lii camera to my oag as a guide camera. Before trying it at night under the stars, I set it up during the day (to make sure phd2 would talk and it would get along) and it produced the attached screenshot (overexposed view of one of the local trees).
      The pattern of light and dark lines across the image is surely not normal? My guess (and that is all it is) is that is might be something to do with the pattern of pixels on the camera.
      This camera has been touted as a suitable guidecam and I'm sure I have read posts of people who actually do use it as such.
      What can I do to get rid of this pattern, which will surely be a distraction for guiding?
      Thanks.

• By Stargazer33
      Hi,
      After returning to imaging after a long break I have been having a problem using Firecapture with my QHY5LIIc camera. The captures keep coming out with a 'hatch' pattern over them like you are looking through a cloth.
      The below image is a crop of a Luna image which has been enlarged 400x to clearly show the pattern although it is clear enough on the original image I wasn't sure how it would appear after uploading.

Does anyone know what causes this artefact and how I can stop it from happening in the future?
    • By Demonperformer
      I have got a problem with my QHY5L-ii.
      (1) It works with Sharpcap - so it cannot be the hardware or connections per se.
      (2) When I try to run PERecorder I get a black screen and the 'configure' button tries to configure my main ZWO camera (which is not connected). Previously it was automatically connecting to the camera in the laptop, which I have now disabled in Device Manager.
      (3) When I tried to run it in APT, it was not recognized. I discovered I needed an ASCOM driver so downloaded and installed both (capture and guide) from this page (V0141). Now the camera is recognized and appears to work, except that no image is captured [nothing covering front of camera!]. I have followed through the instructions on this page, and (except for the camera selection not being IC8300 - it is "QHY5LII-C-6117d81029b92212") everything goes fine until I click 'start', when it starts going through the motions (on the log screen), but nothing is produced. The preview screen is on(fit) and I have also checked the saved files (which are blank).
      As both APT & PERecorder are ASCOM-related, my guess is that, if I can cure either (2) or (3) above, the other will be cured as well. And I would also guess that more people are using this camera on a regular basis with APT than PERecorder.
      Therefore, if there is anyone who uses this camera on APT, who can offer any pointers as to where I may be going wrong, I would be most grateful.
      Thanks.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.