SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Hello.

Grog

Hi, I'm Gregg from the United Kingdom.

I love astronomy and have a huge appreciation for science. At 29 years of age I finally decided to get a telescope. Not sure why I didn't get one sooner.

I own an Astromaster 130eq with a motor drive.

I now own a DSLR Camera. Something I have wanted for a while as I like photography. I think you know what I'll try and do with the two of them.

Take photos of my telescope. :wink:

Nice place you have here.

Welcome Gregg,  better late than never (to buy a first scope) the rest of your life will not be the same now.  The great thing about the hobby is that you can use the scope on clear nights, you can admire it when the clouds roll in and you can pursue the photography hobby documenting the eventual mountain of equipment you end up with.  So really 3 hobbies in 1.

Look forward to seeing your pictures and reading your astro reports.

Matt

Hi Gregg and welcome to the forum. Good idea to have got yourself the motorised variant of the 130 scope as it will certainly help you keep the subject matter steady in the eyepiece - and of course will allow others to have a look too!

Clear skies and hope you enjoy your stay here.

Archived