SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Hi from Turnberry, South Ayrshire, Scotland

Renau

Hi everybody, I am Juan and I hope to make new friends in here and you can guide me to start my new voyager in Astrophotography, I am a Beginner and I do not have Telescope or Camera jet! but tomorrow I have the possibility to buy a very good condition second hand Canon EOS 450D with two sets of Lens for £200, so I hope this will be my starting point, the Telescope next, cheers!

Hi Juan and welcome to SGL, I see you have bought your camera, but before you spend any further money on equipment, I respectfully suggest you avail yourself of a copy of "Making Every Photon Count" by Steve Richards... http://www.skyatnightimages.co.uk  see FLO top of page. Probably the most used reference book, used by the majority of imagers on this forum :)

Welcome to SGL, Juan!

Dana

Hi Dana: thank you for your welcome and for you to know I miss Baseball too, I am a Yankees and Braves Fan for a long time, but now I been out of baseball for a few years, cheers

Thank you all for your welcome and I will take my time with the telescope, because it is look like they cost a lot of money and I only have £400 to espend, he he, cheers

Hi Juan and welcome to SGL, I see you have bought your camera, but before you spend any further money on equipment, I respectfully suggest you avail yourself of a copy of "Making Every Photon Count" by Steve Richards... http://www.skyatnightimages.co.uk  see FLO top of page. Probably the most used reference book, used by the majority of imagers on this forum :)

Hi John, thank you and I been checking the link you give me, the photos are great and with a lot of details, I hope I can do some my self one day, but the Telescope is my next step cheers

Hi Juan & Welcome to SGL.  Take your time in choosing your scope.  I too am interested in AP, but after taking advice from the folk here decided to buy  a 200P Dobsonian  to learn my way around the night sky first and to get used to using it.  Perhaps in a year or so may purchase another scope for AP.  Check out any Astronomical Societies near you, you would be able to see the different scopes up close and get a better idea of what you would like.  Good luck.

Hi Juan & Welcome to SGL.  Take your time in choosing your scope.  I too am interested in AP, but after taking advice from the folk here decided to buy  a 200P Dobsonian  to learn my way around the night sky first and to get used to using it.  Perhaps in a year or so may purchase another scope for AP.  Check out any Astronomical Societies near you, you would be able to see the different scopes up close and get a better idea of what you would like.  Good luck.

Hi Mary thank you for your comment, I am going to be a member of my local Ayrshire Astronomical Society, some people there alredy helping me with things and the first thing they say is I need to take my time with the Telescope, I am started using my new camera with the moon and is great, so I hope when I get the telescope and put all through the compujter the pictures will be fantastic, take care and cheers

Hi. Juan, and a warm welcome to the SGL Forums.

Your camera is a useful start to your equipment harvest.

Nothing wrong with fixed position sky photography.

Try both lenses at varying exposures and record the results ISO 200 >>> 

The higher in the sky towards the North Pole you image, the shorter any star trailing will be.

Start at 20 second exposures and work up until you find the optimum combination that works for you.

It will keep you occupied until you build up the equipment to do more serious stuff.

Good luck, and don't forget to ask questions whenever you need to know something.

Lots of help here  for you, from very willing and knowledgeable members.

Ron.

By the way, I hope you play golf, you're in the right place for it  :grin:

Hi. Juan, and a warm welcome to the SGL Forums.

Your camera is a useful start to your equipment harvest.

Nothing wrong with fixed position sky photography.

Try both lenses at varying exposures and record the results ISO 200 >>> 

The higher in the sky towards the North Pole you image, the shorter any star trailing will be.

Start at 20 second exposures and work up until you find the optimum combination that works for you.

It will keep you occupied until you build up the equipment to do more serious stuff.

Good luck, and don't forget to ask questions whenever you need to know something.

Lots of help here  for you, from very willing and knowledgeable members.

Ron.

By the way, I hope you play golf, you're in the right place for it  :grin:

Hi Ron: thanks for the info, I will try to do what you telling me and see how the pictures come out, but I relly want the Telescope so I can connect all to the computer and have better quality, cheers

I do not play Golf! I ride a Fat Boy, Harley-Davidson better! he he!

Archived