SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

M35 : Open Clusters deserve some love too

MattJenko

Agreed, open clusters are gorgeous, a real spinetingly treat.

And your M35 is lovely, colourful and crunchy. I especially like that little cluster just close by. I've never set my scope much to Gemini apart from Castor & Pollux so thanks, I will book some time with M35.

What do they say? "Variety is the spice of life". It's lovely to see something different appear and while an open cluster is hardly massively different, they don't get imaged that much really, do they?! You have done this one great justice. As others have mentioned, the baby cluster just above is intriguing. I will be adding this area of sky to my 'To Do' list. As for hot pixels, they are just more stars aren't they?!!?

• 2 weeks later...

Often the hardest parts of an image to get right are the background sky and the stars, which suggests that clusters might not be dead easy!

In the first one you've got both looking very nice. In the second, things have turned green, the sky has lost its flatness and the stars are over sharpened to my eye (but I never sharpen stars anyway.) In fact I rarely, if ever, use deconvolution at all. In a nutshell I much prefer the first.

Olly

The old adage of less is more then!!

Difficult skill to master when you are getting all excited in learning about new techniques, I guess it is all about knowing the processes and also knowing when to use them. I will have another go and reign in my learners enthusiasm for all things new and crispening.

Thanks - appreciated.

Archived