Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Jupiter with DSLR

Marc1980

I have recently picked up an 1100d and thought I would have a go at Jupiter with it using Backyard EOS. This image is 80% of 2000 frames. I am having problems with loading AVI's into Registax 6 so stacked in AS!2 then wavelets in Registax, but wasn't happy with the result so I had a go at using Registax 5 to do the whole process and came out with this.

Being new to the imaging scene I have no idea if this is any good for a DSLR image. When (if) funds allow I would like to get an ASI120 mono but until then it's the 1100d.

Comments of critical and encouraging nature welcome.

post-5044-0-90417600-1423435369_thumb.jp

Very nice indeed. You might want to stack a lower fraction of that number of frames, that sometimes brings out a bit more detail. I generally look at the quality curve of AS!2 and decide based on that how much I will stack (often no more than 50%, more often quite a bit less)

Archived