sgl_imaging_challenge_2021_annual.thumb.jpg.3fc34f695a81b16210333189a3162ac7.jpg

post-13816-0-30288900-1423397366_thumb.j

Preparing.
The cabin is located in the Klein Karoo, Swartberg mountains, South Africa. Daytime temps were 43 degrees c.
As you can see, we first had to finish a bottle of wine. No problemo! Good that SGP took care of it all....... (more alcohol abuse)

That's one of the coolest names for an object in the night sky - and perfectly processed - well done

The second picture is much more upsetting.....there is far too much relaxation going on,it looks warm and dry, plenty of booze on deck, and it looks idyllic! Good for you!

David

The only way to get more core detail is more time and exposures.

Not so much for the core I think, but more so for the outer regions. But this is all I could take. Just 1,5 clear nights in 3 weeks. :(

I did refuse to take shorter subs (I can fix that later, stupid me), so color and detail in the core was difficult to reproduce. All subs are 10 min. exposures.

Actually, after 2 days, we had to leave this pretty site because of the unbearable heat. No pool, no airco, sun on the "stoep". The cabin was like an oven, not able to get rid of the build up heat at night. No problem for me being outside, but getting some sleep was hard.