Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Volunteer needed please - jupiter AVI file processing

I've took my first ever Jupiter AVI file last night ( taken on Firecapture) I tried to improve it via AS and Registax 6 but neither seem to make any difference despite the software "processing" the data for quite a while.

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Is there anyone out there who is willing and able to view the file and process it for me to see if they can improve it. :smiley:

Hopefully you don't think this is too cheeky.

I would PM the file to the kind volunteer.

Learning this AP stuff is a steep curve, if it was easy we'd soon get bored.

I've took my first ever Jupiter AVI file last night ( taken on Firecapture) I tried to improve it via AS and Registax 6 but neither seem to make any difference despite the software "processing" the data for quite a while.

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Is there anyone out there who is willing and able to view the file and process it for me to see if they can improve it. :smiley:

Hopefully you don't think this is too cheeky.

I would PM the file to the kind volunteer.

Learning this AP stuff is a steep curve, if it was easy we'd soon get bored.

It might be better to upload the file to a site such as Dropbox.

Thanks to Freddie, Steve and Leigh for offering to help and your suggestions.

I've processed the image and I'm please with it as my first attempt and understand that there is plenty of scope for improvement.

Not sure why it's B+W as my camera is colour - any suggestions?

TIFF file attached if you fancy having a go so that I can see what experts can achieve. :smiley:

Regards,

Mark

Jupiter final image 1.bmp

AS_f1836_Multi_230708_g4_b3_ap7.tif

Yes I did this when I got my first ASI120MC. For some reason Firecapture (and sharpcap) default the capture mode to mono. Just select colour in capture menu and you'll capture in colour [emoji106] I'll have a go with your tiff file tomorrow when on laptop. If you have the original avi that would be even better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could you perhaps open a free dropbox account and then click on the share icon on dropbox (once you have uploaded the avi) then copy and paste the share link to here? That way we just click on the link and download the avi and start from scratch. It would certainly show you the variety of outcomes there can be in to ceasing from the same source data. Plus yo can pick the one you like the best and discuss the processing with that person via pm. Just an idea-always best to work with the avis.

www.dropbox.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived