SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Huge 7.1" F14 refractor on UKABS- are you going to buy it??

Any of you guys and gals considering buying the huge AE Optics frac on UKABS (nothing to do with me I hasten to add!) ??? :grin:. I did own a 4.5" F14 made by AE several years ago. It was an impressive piece of kit but needed a new focuser and finder to make it useable properly. It sat on a very massive pier which was so heavy to move. I eventually traded it in as part - exchange for another scope from Peak 2 Valley optics.

It's certainly an impressive looking beast - mounting it would be fun too. Wouldn't mind a look through it though. See it here: http://www.astrobuysell.com/uk/propview.php?view=93135

I was thinking that maybe I could buy it (sell the house first :p ) and then mount my 5" F15 on it as a hyper finder :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :grin:

Dave

Golly, do you have to lie on the ground to view through it at anywhere near zenith??? I'm assuming old Rusty there (the dawg) is looking at the eyepiece....(You can tell I know nothing about fracs!)

Ghostdance..

I have to sit on my rear on the ground to view the zenith, ok apart from winter..

Mostly I just observe things when they are on the rise or past the zenith..simples!!

Dave

Ghostdance..

I have to sit on my BIM on the ground to view the zenith, ok apart from winter..

Mostly I just observe things when by hey bare non the rise or past the zenith..simples!!

Dave

Thanks Dave :)

I'm guessing your BIM means, er (thinking about the autocensor) the same as your rear end! Cushions needed in winter then!

Steve.

The pier of my 8.5" F12.5 refractor is 6 feet tall, then there's a large mount, You can sit comfortably in a chair to view the zenith but a stepladder is required for low objects.  :smiley:

You need a movable observing floor.

Archived