Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Mark II Baader Hyperions

Macavity

Of no great consequence, but having been a keen user (re-seller)

I could not help but notice the new 21mm now "fits in" size-wise!  :p

post-539-0-79080700-1423310678.jpg

Guess they finally discovered how to (allegedly) clone the LVW 21. 

There are other subtle design improvements from the 1st vs.... ;)

Whatever, glad to have the new 31mm & 17mm back in my box. :)

Roll on the 10mm. Austerity drives me to use 1.7x (root 3) scaling.

Nice timing there, Chris. I was just thinking about the Hyperions. I am a long-time fan of these - I have all but the 24mm. I was about to pull the trigger and buy one, when I realized the EP I had been using the night before was my 24mm TV Panaoptic! It somehow slipped my memory I had one, and that it was sitting on my table - staring at me. :eek:

But I digress. I have a question that you may have an answer to: Why did Baader withdraw the 3.5mm Hyperion? I have and like it very much. What was the reason for it's having been pulled?

Thanks for your time,

Dave

"Apologies for absence". Well, you won't get any negativity re. Hyperions from me. :)

I suppose, these days, there are more (better) choice(s). But once, they stood alone

versus a veritable (Teleview) "Sea of Green". And they still won quite a lot of fans. ;)

I don't know quite what happened to the 3.5mm. The only real problem I had with the

short focus Hyperions was a tendancy to "lose" narrower exit pupil in all that glass. :p

No "science", but they had a fairly constant lens design... except the (former) 21mm...

post-539-0-93975100-1423907459.jpg

Archived