Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hello from the People's Republic of Teesside

The_Sarge

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes indeed we are!

In between work (out in the North Sea) and a holiday I have managed 2 nights with the new scope and have to say the views are excellent. Not that I have much to compare it to, my first scope as a teenager was a 4.5inch Newtonian.

I was kind of being sarcastic with us being lucky with our lovely clear skies. Ingleby Greenhow near Great Broughton has some nice views with little light pollution and it is only a 15 minute drive for me.   :grin:

Rob

I was kind of being sarcastic with us being lucky with our lovely clear skies. Ingleby Greenhow near Great Broughton has some nice views with little light pollution and it is only a 15 minute drive for me.   :grin:

Rob

So was I. I thing we need a sarcasm font.

I'm on the outskirts of boro and it isn't too bad in the back garden. Although I hope to counter that with narrowband filters for DSO’s

Hi Sarge and welcome to SGL. You've got some great gear there for lunar/planetary imaging.

You'll need to think about getting some autoguiding kit if you want to do DSO imaging with a scope with such a long focal length.

Rob,

1 imaging session and got some good lunar shots. Tried for Jupiter near opposition but was struggling with the focus.

I am looking to get a SBIG STT-8300 with the self guiding filter wheel and the "Active Optics" unit for it. Then finish it off with a complete set of broadband and narrowband Baader filters.

Am waiting till I get a bit more experience with the planetary imaging and get used to the focuser etc. before I spend the next chunk of cash.

Paul.

Indeed Mike.

I have the Edge HD 0.7x reducer to reduce the FL but still looking at a self guiding camera.

Do you have any experience of these types? The other option would be to use an OAG with the ASI120MM as a guide camera.

Paul

Archived