Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hi from Sussex, England :)

Kepler90

Hi everyone,

I'm 24, and an administrator and business student from Sussex in South East England.

I'm really bad at this intro stuff... My stargazing interests are astrophysics, kepler astrology and recently astrophotography. I'm completely knew to photography- my very first telescope is in the post, up until this point I've just read lots and never really thought to look up!

I'm really looking forward to chatting with you all and recieving tips :)

post-41908-0-01895400-1423144096_thumb.j

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi all!

What a lovely welcome, you're a friendly bunch :)

I can't do horoscopes, the "astrology" was a terrible typo! Which is quite funny as I've chosen to call myself "Kepler" who stargazed at a time when people didn't differentiate between the two

I took my avatar pic with a night cam app on my iPad, it's the recent snow moon with Jupiter on the left. I'm really new to photography which is why it's all blurry and glowy! I then just went through filters on my iPad to find the one that showed off Jupiter nicely.

I don't have a scope yet, though I have a celestial refractor 70 coming in the post hopefully on Saturday as well as a moon filter, so I hope to start taking some better pictures

Thanks again for the lovely welcome.

Once had an astronomy lecturer use his first words to us to say fairly frankly that if we were there for 'astrology' to get out. It wasn't quite as diplomatic as that either...

Thankfully here I imagine you're forgiven  :grin:

Welcome!

Archived