92335031_Perseidsmeteorshowerbanner.jpg.f082cb58353bce3cc854fb958f76fc98.jpg

Jupiter GRS Feb 2nd Excellent seeing.

Space Cowboy

Rock solid seeing but thin cloud spoiled things! Anyone that had clear sky last night must have some great images! Started off running 100% gain at 10fps but the cloud did thin enough to enable 30fps at 50% gain and this image is from that.

Auto Dob 250 & QHY5L-II C 1.5x drizzle :

23.30 UT

post-4016-0-55800400-1422957763.png

• Like 7

Quick animation which needs the field rotation correcting lol Unfortunately the netbook suddenly powered off and I lost 20 mins while I hooked up the power lead which spoils the animation as it jumps.

post-4016-0-03797500-1423002545.gif

Edited by Space Cowboy
  • Like 2

Quick animation which needs the field rotation correcting lol Unfortunately the netbook suddenly powered off and I lost 20 mins while I hooked up the power lead which spoils the animation as it jumps.

attachicon.gifJupiter GRS Feb 2nd 2015 animation.gif

Maybe the seeing is improving,  weird how its been better two days in a row. a pattern of improving seeing lately.

We need to get out there while the going is good, Its horrible here unfortunately tonight..  You have bagged some good data. Its good to see you get something. I know your looking over that hill. the one were there was no cloud.

But that's what we all have to work towards. you nearly got lucky. Instead you still got some cracking data, either way its going in the right direction. Need to put some work in, before Jupiter gets smaller. We have time. Lets hope for more like recently Stuart. Nice work.

Thanks Neil this might be as good as it gets for opposition I see the weather is changing again.

Cheers Angie I shall straighten out the field rotation on the animation when I get the time.

Thanks Darryl! Not put these on CN yet as I'm still going through the data. Think I've got a tidy looking winjupos combo image in the pipeline combining the first image on this thread with 3 previous Avis covering 13 mins. These kind of conditions where the data is noisy but consistent really benefits winjup derogation. The most frames I had in one avi was 5000 and some were 3-4000 which is half what I'd normally get on a properly clear night.