Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Another Comet Lovejoy

DoctorD

Hi

I've been plagued with technical problems lately, in particular problems with USB extension cables. I think I  have it under control now using a single 10m extension cable (USB2.0) with a booster built into the middle of the cable.

Here's C/2014 Q2 - Lovejoy from last Sunday night.

Single 30s frame taken using Lodestar Live, Lodestar-C and INED70 with F6.3 reducer.

C 2014 Q2 Lovejoy

Pretty bad comma, I'm going to have to look for a different focal reducer for my INED70.

CS

Paul

Nice shot despite the coma, Paul. Our friend appears to be moving toward Almach right now, on its way to the Cassiopeia region as it leaves the solar system. I was just telling a fellow lounger that this has got to be the most imaged comet in history! This is the first comet I was able to photograph. I have some old VHS video of Hyakutake and Hale-Bopp, so Lovejoy is the third comet I've shot video of. I'll keep watching Lovejoy until my aperture runs out and its too far away for my scope's reach, LOL.

Cheers,

Reggie

Archived